Rose Parrakeet Forum Return to Rose Parrakeet Home
December 15, 2017, : 01:07.24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 05/11/09 - Forum reorganized, new "Manuals & Drawings Download" category added for members only.  Please read new topics in "Welcome" board.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weight and Balance  (Read 3554 times)
pauldblackmore

« on: November 11, 2012, : 03:03.38 AM »

Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone is able to post weight and balance figures for an O-200 powered Parrakeet, or if not available any other info that would help me to work it out.  I'm considering the keet as a potential project but would like to make sure that I understand its capabilites from a W&B perspective first.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
dgapilot

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, : 05:22.31 PM »

Paul, what are you really looking for here? The A-1 has a gross of 728 lbs, and the A-4C gross was increased to 860 lbs. Empty on the A-1 was about 470 and on the A-4C is about 565. I've seen some homebuilts list their gross at just over 1000 lbs, but I've never seen any stress calculations to justify that. Fuel load is between 10 and 12 gallons unless you build a 1 piece wing and put a tank in the upper center section. Again, there are no drawings or other design info to support that.

David Schober
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: