Rose Parrakeet Forum Return to Rose Parrakeet Home
April 25, 2017, : 07:08.50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 05/11/09 - Forum reorganized, new "Manuals & Drawings Download" category added for members only.  Please read new topics in "Welcome" board.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatic Membership Registration Deactivated! 12/29/2010  (Read 4166 times)
admin
Administrator

Keep 'em Flying

« on: December 29, 2010, : 02:54.29 PM »

Since the initiation of the forum, we have tried to encourage anyone with an interest in the Rose Parrakeet and aviation in general to join our forum.  It quickly became obvious that we needed to screen new members to eliminate those who would post lewd, vulgar, disturbing and/or non-aviation related spamm on our site.  Once a membership registration request was generated, Larry would email that potential member to elicit a response and gauge their interest in the forum.  That has worked until recently.

In the last few weeks spammers have generated over 400 bogus membership requests, which makes it nearly impossible, not to say frustrating, for Larry to respond to. As of this morning (12/29/2010), I have deactivated automatic membership registration!  We will continue to accept new members on the forum on a case by case basis, but Larry and I are still working out the exact procedures.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause potential members with a sincere interest in participating and accessing Rose Parrakeet construction information contained on this forum.

Sincerely, Admin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: